Thursdays 12.30pm - 1pm please contact Mrs Barbuti for more information.
Spanish classes take place after school on Wednesdays, with a programme of structured, creative and enjoyable activities including stories, songs, rhymes and games within the context of each season.
The programme, ‘Las Aventuras de Mifú y Tina y las estaciones’, has been written for young beginners (4–7 year olds) and features characters with whom the children quickly become familiar. The children have great fun singing, chanting rhymes, playing games and acting out the stories, with lots of opportunities to adapt activities to cater for all abilities within the age range.
The aims are to:
- Familiarise children with sounds of the Spanish language and develop their ability to listen attentively
- Develop confidence in using phrases and words other than their mother tongue
- Develop listening and concentration skills
- Develop social skills associated with interpersonal behaviour and communication
- Enjoy a variety of language learning activities
- Enable children to use the Spanish language creatively, promoting independence
- Integrate Spanish in to school or home life
- Allow children of all abilities to experience success and develop personal confidence
- Promote gross and fine motor skills and visual literacy
- Share the language by making the most of the children’s listening skills, and their love of singing, dancing and performing
New La Jolie Ronde Licensee—Nicola Warren